Karate day camp schedule
8:30 - 9:00am Check-in & supervised time (club doors open at 8:30am)
9:00 - 10:00am Karate #1: FUNdamental karate skills
10:00 - 10:30am Free time + snack + board games or games on mats
10:30 - 12:00pm Activity: (sunny) Brydon Park playground or (rainy) indoor sports games
12:00 - 12:30pm Lunch time: eat & clean-up together; quiet reading time
12:30 - 1:00pm Free time: board games, reading and/or arts & crafts
1:00 - 2:00pm Karate #2: Learning Kata (forms)
2:00 - 2:45pm Activity: arts/crafts, learning Japanese language, history, tournament rules
2:45 - 3:00pm Free time + snack + board games or games on mats
3:00 - 4:00pm Karate #3: Sports karate, physical literacy training & games
4:00 - 5:00pm Final hour of supervised activities, parents can pick-up.
What to prepare for the camp;
1. Healthy lunch 2 snacks (no nut based food) and a water bottle
2. Athletic clothes that are comfortable to wear for fitness and games (avoid jeans or dresses)
3. Sandals for inside the club + good outdoor shoes & warm clothes for park visits
4. Everyone needs several books for reading time
5. Kenzen members may wear a karate uniform during the karate lessons, but they need regular clothes too
6. Hygiene: participant finger/toenails trimmed shot, plus feet scrubbed clean for being on mats
Drop-off & pick-up
Drop-off & pick-up: Please use the parking spaces closest to the club’s entrance so as not to interfere with the mini-buses who drop off & pick-up disabled adults for their various day programs upstairs from 7am to 4pm. Also, please do not block the yellow bollards in the emergency lane to the residential buildings.
Avoid late pick-ups: Please pick-up your child before 5pm as Kenzen staff will not be able to supervise anyone after that time due to the regular classes starting & day camp staff leaving.
Late arrivals or early pick-ups: Please let us know beforehand so we can mark it down.
Schedule: Activities may change depending on the participant ages & interests, plus weather.